Pistol Cleaning Course
Pistol Cleaning Course
THE STRICTEST DISCIPLINE MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES AT SPORTSMANS ELITE SHOOTING RANGE IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT. ALL INDIVIDUALS USING RANGE FACILITIES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A FORM INDICATING THAT THEY HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND WILL OBEY THE FOLLOWING SAFETY RULES:
1. Eye and ear protection is MANDATORY at all times. If you do not have eye and ear protection, we have it available in the store. Ear plugs start at 79 cents, ear muffs start at $13.99. Shatter proof eye protection starts at $2.00.
2. No steel core ammo, or re-loaded ammo.
3. Never use alcohol, drugs, or other mind-altering substances before or during your range session.
4. Firearms brought into the range shall be cased or holstered until forward of the yellow ready line (painted on the floor behind the assigned shooting stall).
5. All guns that are 'benched' should be unloaded, action open, and magazine removed.
6. Know and understand how your firearm works and understand operation of all safety features.
7. Be certain that your ammunition is correct for the firearm you will be shooting.
8. Do not load the firearm until ready to fire.
9. Keep any firearm pointed downrange at ALL times, perpendicular to the target line, whether loaded, unloaded, or malfunctioning. Be sure of the target and what is behind the target.
10. Keep your finger off the trigger and on a fixed point on the side of the frame until you are on target and ready to fire.
11. No uncontrolled rapid fire at any time.
12. Should a misfire or other malfunction occur, keep the firearm pointed downrange and signal the range master. Place the firearm on the shelf, pointed downrange, and obtain assistance. Do not leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed firearm.
13. Accidental discharges, damages or injuries must be reported to the range master immediately, no matter how minor they may seem.
14. Under no circumstances may a loaded firearm be passed to another person. A firearm will be considered loaded if a magazine is inserted and/or firearm is in a closed, locked condition.
15. At the command 'Cease Fire!' immediately make your firearm safe, set the gun down pointed downrange, and step away from the firing line into the safety area with nothing in your hands.
16. No food, drink, or tobacco use of any kind is permitted on the range, even in range bags, purses etc.
17. Advise range personnel of any medical condition which could create a safety issue for you or others.
18. Collection of brass that falls on shooters side of the firing line is permitted when your session is over under no circumstances may any implement or appendage cross forward of the red firing line.
19. No drawing from holsters without prior permission from on-duty Range Officer.
20. Only one shooter in the shooters 'box 'in a lane at a time. All other participants must be behind the safety line.
21. Range Officers decisions and determinations are final. Any misuse of facility or disregard of rules will result in expulsion from the range.
Sign our Liability Waiver Here!